Maps of War

A while ago I posted an entry on cool animation of statistical data, which I thought was the coolest thing in the world... except it wasn't. Well, it's even better than I thought...

One of the questions I posed to my readers, all two of them :), was which American political party has been responsible for bringing more of our troops to their deaths. And then I had this whole thing about how if you're a democrat you'd want to blame the republicans, and vice versa, and how your answer would be nothing but an expression of your own prejudices if you weren't actually informed of the number of wars we've been on, the number of casualties in each, who was president at the time, what party such president belonged to, etc. Then I proceeded to provide a link connecting you to Maps of War for the answer.

Well, I don't know if this is a new development, or whether I just didn't realize they had this at the time of my posting, but they actually allow you to display their animations in your own site... So, for those of you too lazy to click on that link I provided last time, just play the damn animation below (I've edited it to fit this blog):


Cool, huh?

It is interesting to note how greatly the final results would look like if we took out the Civil War and the two World Wars, which, some might argue, can be morally justified as "just wars."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site