Curiosity Has Landed!


Across the vastness of interplanetary space, the nice folks at NASA have hit it out of the ballpark with what looks like a perfect landing on Mars.

I don't know if I can convey the significance of this event, but consider just how momentous an accomplishment this is: Curiosity landed safely at a distance our human brains can't apprehend, and yet this all happened because of the science that human brains can comprehend.

And the thing that's bitter-sweet for me is that such an incredible feat took place in a land where no one got to experience it... it's like the universe missed out on something amazing.

But before I get all existential, let me share some of the tweets Curiosity posted during the last stages of its amazing landing:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site