99% v 1% - The Data Behind the Occupy Wall St. Movement

There's been a lot of buzz, support, mocking, complaining, sympathizing, talk, etc. about the We Are the 99 Percent slogan behind the Occupy Wall Street movement.

The idea is quite simple, and it refers to the incredible disparities concerning political power, income, wealth, access to basic social services, and other differences that separate the vast majority of the American population from a 1 percent elite minority who basically owns the country and manages to exploit the other 99 percent to further their own interests at the expense of the majority.

But are the numbers an accurate representation of the situation? In the following animation from The Guardian, we learn that things are not quite as simple as they seem:



Yeah, it's worse...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site