iSad

Sad news for the world of technology and design. Steve Jobs, co-founder, chairman and CEO of Apple, has passed away at age 56. He's credited with having revolutionized multiple industries multiple times, and with inspiring an entire generation of innovators and designers to let their creativity take them to new frontiers.

I've personally never made the switch over to Apple products (can't afford those cool expensive gadgets on my meager adjunct salary), other than the ipod, but I seriously can't imagine my life without it. Over the years, through podcasts, audio-books and iTunes U, it's become an extension of my mind and body that goes with me everywhere I go, keeps me educated and prevents me from going insane. Thanks, Steve Jobs.




1 comment:

  1. The guy had brilliant insight into design, and a killer business mind, but I'm sorry he was also a scary control freak.

    People used to complain about Microsoft lock-in. Apple has now surpassed MS as the poster bogey man in IT circles.

    Jobs pioneered a lot of things, and one of them is the idea of your computer as a white, fluffy, feel-good prison cell. It's a shame, but that "1984" promo of theirs is fast becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site