Peregrine Falcon - The Perfect Predator

Every couple of weeks, when walking through my neighborhood I encounter a rather disturbing picture somewhere on the sidewalk: a pair of dove wings (no body and no head) loosely connected by the bloody remains of some bone and cartilage. The epitome of cheeriness, I know...

There are a few possible culprits: hungry cats (they are, after all, insanely successful hunters), squirrels on meth (you would not believe how strung out they can get), or some sort of falcon.

Maybe I'll post a video of squirrels on drugs at some point in the future, but for now, here is a brief and beautiful introduction to the peregrine falcon.



I once read in a respectable math book that peregrine falcons fly in a golden spiral when attacking their prey, but I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere. Does anyone know if this is actually true?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site