Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse

So you probably know that last night there was a lunar eclipse, the first in something like 732 years to coincide with the winter solstice, so it was the kind of event that could help me justify to myself taking a break from grading term papers and final exams to breathe some fresh air and commute with nature... or as close as you can do that in New York City...

I went out to my local park with camera and tripod in hand and did my best to photograph the event. Considering I'm not a professional, and that after half an hour of standing in the cold I couldn't even feel my fingers or my lips anymore, I'm quite pleased with the results, but my amateurish attempt is nothing compared to the following video William Castleman captured in Florida.



Can we please have the next eclipse on a nice and warm night? :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site