Are Science and Religion Compatible?

The question of whether science and religion are compatible is a difficult one to answer. I myself tend to think they are as compatible as a shark trying to have sex with a goat in the openness of outer space, but I'm open to the possibility that a clever and profound articulation of religion might persuade me to change my mind.

What I refuse to accept, however, is the facile argument, endorsed not only by fundamentalists but by august scientific institutions, that the simple fact that some scientists are also religious somehow counts as evidence for the philosophical compatibility of science and religion.

But why waste time on technicalities when the brilliant humorist(s?) at Jesus and Mo can refute the argument with a beautiful reductio ad absurdum? :)

Ha ha ha ha ha!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site