Who Is Mark Twain?

He is the quintessential American writer, and one of the most perceptive and humorous critic of the stupidity of social conventions. But how did he ever know whether his books would consign him to fame and popularity or to failure and oblivion?

In the following short animation, Mark Twain explains the secret behind his confidence to publish or burn his writings: it all has to do with choosing the right audience and their feedback. The excerpt is read by John Lithgow.



Who would you choose as your sounding board?
.

4 comments:

  1. As a person about to try and get published, again, and a a big fan of Mark Twain, I relished this sensible advice. I really do need to make my writing funnier though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This clip is from Twain's latest book, WHO IS MARK TWAIN? You can find out more about Twain and the book here: http://twainia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey buddy!>>>.... almost all of your article are being advrtized by wowzio... how is it done? i got wowzio in my blog philosofaithcircle.blogspot.com.... and its all about your posts...... buddy.. hope to hear from you.... i am looking forward for your reply.... have a nice day and God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link, Kathryn!

    Alwele, I don't know why my blog is being advertised in your wowzio. Maybe once you start posting more entries, your will appear there as well? I'm not sure...

    In any case, thank you all for visiting my blog. I hope you continue to find stimulating material here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site