Mind Bites

The Enlightenment rescued humanity from a tradition of dogma and mysticism that precluded much needed intellectual and moral progress. To its credit, the Enlightenment revealed and celebrated our rational essence, and it showed us the promise of an intellectual potential we have been successfully pursuing for the past few centuries... despite ourselves.

The following slideshow reveals some beautiful photography, accompanied by small quotes and excerpts coming out of research that shows just how irrational our minds can be, how suggestible we are, and how quirky our experience of the world can become when one small module of our brain starts to malfunction.

Make sure to view it in full-screen mode.



For an interactive version, check out Mind Bites.
.

2 comments:

  1. So cool... I couldn't pick a favorite even if I tried. I'll say this much though... when I was looking at the group of images noting mental disorders, I began analyzing myself in the belief that I might have a mental disorder. I'll bet that "looking at descriptions of mental disorders over a long period of time will cause the reader to feel like they have a disorder."

    I thought a lot of those were really interesting fun facts that one could use in a conversation and turn someone's world upsidedown. Thanks for posting it Berto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap human beings are ripe for the pickin' to be molded! Must...resist...group think..ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site