100 Greatest Discoveries - Astronomy

Looking up at the sky has had the effect of making mankind think in abstractions and wonder what our place in the large scheme of things is. Frankly, I'm always suspicious of the question of whether we are alone: to me, whether there is more life in the universe or not, we have each other, and that's good enough to keep me contended. Given the great diversity of life on this planet, I don't feel alone one bit. In fact, I could do without certain forms of life, if you know what I mean...

In any case, if you need a refresher course on some of the greatest scientific discoveries in astronomy, most of which took place in the 20th century, here is your chance to catch up with the basics.



Check out the rest of the 100 Greatest Discoveries
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site