Philosophy: A Guide to Happiness - Montaigne on Self-Esteem

In the previous episodes of this philosophy documentary series, we have seen the thoughts of Socrates on confidence, Epicurus on happiness, and Seneca on anger (click here to check them out). In today's episode, Alain de Botton explores Michel de Montaigne's ideas on self-esteem and our sense of embodied and intellectual identity.

I must confess I have always thought of Montaigne as a master essayist and not a philosopher, but de Botton's reading might actually change my mind about this. I'll have to go back to the original and read it in light of this new possible interpretation.



And in case you're wondering, yes, in the spirit of Montaigne's inspiration, I'm totally going to start writing about my penis soon. I call him Pedro; you'll love him :)

What's that? You want to touch him? Here, knock yourself out; you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site