Pearl Jam - No More War

With the American death toll in Iraq reaching 4,000 casualties this past week, Bill Moyers reports on a new documentary film called No More War, which explores the consequences of the war for those most intimately involved with it, the soldiers and their families, through the story of a remarkable young veteran: Thomas Young. Make every effort to see this film when it comes out.

Eddie Vedder, one of the greatest voices of our generation, wrote the following song, No More, for the film.



And for good measure, here is perhaps the most powerful anti-war artistic production you could imagine: Bob Dylan's Masters of War, with its penetrating lyrics, performed by Pearl Jam. Prepare to shudder...


Yeah, the chills down my back are always intense when I listen to this song...
.

2 comments:

  1. Eddie Vedder is truly a man with a GOG-Given talent...such artistic grace! I love him! I have seen this video before, however it never ceases to touch my heart! Check out my heart warming memory of "Jeremy" on JamsBio
    http://berkeleyplace.wordpress.com/2008/02/13/jason-anderson-%e2%80%9con-the-street%e2%80%9d-free-album-download/#comment-18417

    Eddie Vedder Rawks!!!!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Pearl Jam's interpretation of 'Masters of War' on S.N.L. and it filled a void. Thanks so much for letting me hear it once more. What an honor...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site