Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil

It's not often that I get to post philosophy videos, but here is a nice one on one of my favorite philosophers of all time: Friedrich Nietzsche.

The documentary differs significantly from my own interpretation of his philosophy, and it concentrates a little too much, in my opinion, on the negative aspects of his personal life, and maybe way too much on his time post the breakdown, rather than on the scholarly nature of his ideas and the centuries of philosophers against whom he rebelled, but it's still nice to see that he is being introduced to the general public somehow.

The shots around the mountain are awesome, by the way...



.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Berto,
    I agree with your assessment of this documentary; it's negative perspective is just as tainting as that of the following parts on Heidegger and Sartre. It's a good documentary, but lacking in many ways (particularly in its failure to depict a full picture of Nietzsche's philosophy). I think they should have done a three-part doc on him instead of going as far as Sartre (ugh). At least we get to see Hollingdale spout some words about him, although I would have preferred a documentary hosted fully by Kaufmann.
    I'm hoping your interpretation of Nietzsche is more in tune with my own. I invite you to check out my daily blog on Nietzsche, if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Kaufmann to Hollingdale too. Kaufmann seems to capture Nietzsche's philosophical commitments and development with more consistency, I think.

    I agree, a documentary series on Nietzsche alone would have rocked, but alas, great things are not for the masses...

    Daily Nietzsche? How did I manage to miss your blog? I'm subscribing right away!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Embed this blog on your site